Hyper-active children suffer under a lot of stress. Stress hits each child in many different ways. They are effected differently depending on genetic structure, inclination and conditioning. In some blood pressure will fall (feel lethargic), in others it will rise (feel nervous). In some thyroid activity will increase, in others it will decline. With the use of the PcE-Trainer you can observe the activity of the thyroid directly and influence it with biofeedback training.
The thyroid glands are easy to get to, located on your throat just below the adam's apple (larynx). With a weight of 20 to 25 grams it is a very important gland to keep the body alive. The glands have many blood vessels. The thyroid with it's secretion of hormones plays an essential role in the basic metabolism of the body and functionally interacts with all other glands. It plays a key role in the growth of the body and also gives impulses for our intelligence.
For this training with the PcE-Trainer use the ULP-Triple Cable.
Plug the connector of the triple cable into its receptable:
- grab the cable connector such that the screw points down.
- plug the connector into its receptable, the connection should be smooth and easy.
- grap the collar, push it forward und turn it to the right until it stops.
- the whole connection should now be solid.
Attach the red-marked end of the cable to a self-adhesive electrode and place it on the right side just below the adam's apple. Attach the blue-marked end of the cable to a self-adhesive electrode and place it on the left side just below the adam's apple. Attach the third wire of the cable to a self-adhesive electrode placed on the neck. Turn on the instrument by moving the power switch in the back of the instrument to the position "I". Read the values from the LCD-Displays
Interpret the Readings:
- Values with a minus sign show activity.
- The higher the minus value, the higher the activity in the thyroid.
- Values w/o a sign are positive (lack of energy).
- The higher the plus value, the lower the activity in the thyroid.
Exercise as follows:
Change values like with the biofeedback training by utilizing visualization. Think of something specific and watch how the values change. Experiment!
- Normally hyperactive children are verynervous. Try to move the readings to the region of plus values as much as possible, in order to gain more calmness and balance. The most important approach with hyperactive children is the directed reduction of thyroid activity.
- Try to move the readings to the region of minus values as much as possible, in order to gain more energy and positive outlook, if the child has a tendency towards lethargy.
The thyroid glands regulate the metabolism (= energy requirement of a resting human being) and is responsible for the overall energy level in the body. Will-power and self-assertion of a person always depend on the activity of the thyroid.